This role is based predominantly at various client’s sites throughout the UK. There will be opportunities to work with overseas clients. Travel to client sites may require early starts, late finishes and regular overnight stays. Travel costs, payments and bonuses for additional working hours will be in line with company policy.
The position reports to the Service Manager and will be responsible for undertaking system calibration, repairs and maintenance on client sites, addressing any concerns arising throughout the process.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 6% Employer Pension Contribution
- Income Protection Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay after 2 years of service
- Life assurance cover
- 33 days annual leave including bank and public holidays
- Access to vocational rehabilitation
- Social recognition platform allowing you to receive recognition and rewards
- Options to join Sports and Social clubs with added benefits
- Undertake system calibration, repairs and maintenance of the activities on client sites, addressing any concerns arising throughout the process.
- Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
- Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
- Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner as directed by the Service Manager.
- Comply with the organisation’s Q A and SHE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
- To Participate on the company 24/7 On call Helpline rota and when doing so be always available and able go to site immediately.
- It would be advantageous if the candidate had a min of 3 years’ previous experience of working on Odourisation, Chromatography or related measurement type systems.
- 2 years’ experience working independently i.e. without local oversight management.
- HNC / HND in either Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
- Full driving license (maximum 3 points/no disqualifications).
- 2 years minimum working as a Technician within the gas industry.