As part of this wider programme of works the Council is moving the Adults Social Care systems recording from the current system Swift to the newly procured system, Liquidlogic Adults System.
Purpose of role:
The project planner will support the delivery of the change programme replacing the adults social care case management system and related financial transactions, within Bedford Borough Council.
The project planners’ main roles will be to schedule and manage the bookings for training over 300 users and to schedule testing of the new builds going through several test cycles. Project support will also be a large part of the role, which could range from supporting the programme manager in updating project plans and decision logs, through to producing forms for the new solution based on specifications.
Reports to: Programme Manager, Children’s and Adults Systems replacement projects
- Design of systems to manage training scheduling
- Scheduling and communications around intensive training programme for all social care staff
- Scheduling of testing and co-ordination of resources
- Support in proof reading user guides and materials
- Updating timelines and project plans in MS Project and SharePoint
- Ensuring the project site remains up to date for audit in line with the agreed approach
- Booking staff onto eLearning and setting up user accounts
- Analysing results and producing reports for the project on the number of users
- Supporting the project governance, including change control processes
- Supporting all stages of the project
- Experience working in a project role in a large organisation
- Ability to work within a fast paced, professional environment under pressure
- Proven experience in producing and maintaining complex scheduling plans
- Proven experience of coordinating stakeholder and project team engagement
- Systems administration basic skills for managing the creation of users in an eLearning solution and analysing reports on user progress
- Experience of creating and maintaining systems to manage complex bookings and production of reports on status and progress from these
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage tasks and meet deadlines with minimum brief, research available options and effectively deliver solutions
- Willingness to learn new skills to meet the changing requirements of the organisation
- Creative and forward thinking
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- MS project qualifications or experience in working with Microsoft project updating plans, SharePoint, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- A broad understanding of adult social care
- Broad understanding of the functions of a council and its customer base
This role will require some work outside of normal hours, particularly around the time of transition to the new system. Flexibility to work early mornings, evening and/or weekends at short notice when required.