Lead delivery of Transforming Bedfordshire’s One Public Estate programme, working closely with key public sector partners to achieve a more integrated and collaborative approach on how the public sector uses and manages its assets. Key outputs are to deliver operational efficiencies and improve services, whilst supporting local regeneration and creation of new homes and jobs.
Support the delivery of an agile working environment at Bedford Borough Council, working across all departments with key senior managers, Stakeholders and members.
To assist with coordination of property-related projects within the Economic Growth & Property team.
This individual will be working on the One Public Estate Programme which has been an ongoing project for the last 2 years. The project involves identifying public sector assets and bringing them together to be more integrated and collaborated. Included in this work is making Borough Hall more agile and freeing up some of the space to rent.
This role will involve carrying out feasibility studies, working with local partners, liaison with the OP board and submitting reports.
- Must hold a recognised qualification in Project Management (e.g. Prince 2) and have recent experience in a project management role for high profile projects preferably with a construction bias.
- Awareness of externally funded programmes and regeneration initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of housing, construction and economic development and regeneration issues (including the role and programmes of One Public Estate public agencies).
- Ability to drive and co-ordinate a complex multi-agency delivery partnership.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior business/community leaders, managers, members and partnership organisations.
- Ability to coordinate funding bids, related Business Plans and manage effective project delivery.
- Excellent IT, report writing and presentational skills.
- Strong project management, performance and financial management skills.
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Driving license and own vehicle access