As a senior software engineer you will form an integral part in the delivery of digital solutions. In the New Ventures & Blockchain team you will be designing and building solutions, which keep clients at the forefront of digital technologies and ahead of their competitors.
You will utilise best practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test-Driven Development and peer reviews, and be involved in end-to-end software delivery.
A senior software engineer will be able to lead small teams of engineers, design and build technical solutions to meet business requirements, adhering to high coding standards and engineering principles. You would typically have technical ownership across a product or feature set within a product, perhaps specialising in one area.
You should have experience of
- Contributing to or leading application design
- End-to-end involvement in software delivery
- Working with production systems
- OO development in a commercial environment
- Ownership of a product or set of features within a product
- A range of software delivery tools (source control, agile tools, CI etc)
- Implementing and following best practices
- Effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- Producing estimates for self and others
- Demonstrating initiative
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members
- Interacting with clients and/or product owners
- Degree in computer science related discipline
- Delivering in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Behavioural Driven Development and Exploratory Testing
- Cloud environment experience
- Microservices architecture practical knowledge