The test lead will support the delivery of the change programme replacing the Children’s Services case management and related financial transactions system within Bedford Borough Council. The current solution in place is Azeuscare. The new system will be Liquidlogic and ContrOCC.
The test lead will take responsibility for planning, management and delivery of the testing in line with the approved test strategy and approach.
Reports to: Programme Manager, Children’s and Adults Systems replacement projects
- Development and implementation of testing to meet the objectives set out in the test strategy and approach documents.
- Planning and Coordination of all testing activities through each stage of the testing process (including quality assurance of data migration testing).
- Resource management (scheduling all test activities ensuring all required resources are in place)
- Quality Management (providing the board and the business with the confidence that the build meets the specified design from the requirements of the services)
- Preparation / review of test scripts for children’s case management and associated finance
- Execution of tests and management of defects through internal call logging and the suppliers JIRA call logging solution
- Production of full test reports suitable for project board from each cycle of testing
- Training and mentoring of other team members in relation to testing before and during test cycles
- Feedback through checkpoint reporting to programme manager on a regular basis
- Liquidlogic and ContrOCC experience, preferable from a children’s social care perspective
- Strong knowledge of testing theories and practices
- Strong communication skills
- Good stress management is a necessity as the tasks are time dependant
- To manage tasks with minimum brief, research available options and effectively deliver solutions
- Support transfer to BAU with clear plans for training and developing permanent staff ensuring transfer of skills and knowledge for relevant project areas.
- Ensure clear documentation for data are in place by the close of project
- Ensure all changes are managed through agreed change control processes
This role will require some work outside of normal hours, particularly around the time of transition to the new system. There may also be times during the development of the solution, when there will be short timescales to complete a cycle of testing.